January 6, 2011

Hand Lettered


This year is shaping up to be a great one. I have an amazing new intern, set up a more efficient screen printing studio, working on some new projects for Humunuku, and am hoping to travel a bit more. 

I love hand lettered type and have always wanted to learn calligraphy.  It's pretty hard for me, but fun.  I'm also researching different materials to use in the future, like paper and envelopes that are sustainable and conscientiously made. We already do custom design & print through the shop, but this is the beginning of what I hope will be a beautiful line of WEDDING goods for the shop

3 comments:

  1. There's just something about white on grey that I love.

    What medium did you use to do the letters? The paper compliments the look nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used thinned white paint with a regular paint brush on kraft paper.

    white on kraft is my fav. too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and lovely. Can't wait to see how you incorporate it into goods for the shop!

    ReplyDelete