February 25, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups


A weeks ago I saw this post on Design Sponge. Then funnily enough, days later I saw Kenzie posted that she made them too! So I obviously had to make them. I used a mixture of milk and very dark chocolate. Cisco likes his 70%, and although I'm not a huge fan of Milk chocolate, I do enjoy something in between. I also mixed the peanut butter with honey and sea salt.

Growing up, my favorite store was Lee Bear & Co., it was the only thing we had close to a candy / baking supply store on Maui. It was great. I'd buy chocolate in bulk, molds, cello bags to wrap my homemade lollipops, etc. they had everything. This was at a time when ordering anything online wasn't available, so I was very happy to have this place. I took many class there, chocolate making, and hard candy.

Then I moved to NY and got spoiled. If you live in NYC and are in search of a great candy and baking supply store N.Y. Cake & Baking Dist. on 22nd st. is Amazing!

ps. it's snow storming again today

4 comments:

  1. that definitely looks amazing and i so want to make some! i love the rose chocolate moulds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy!
    Wish I could shop at the NY Cake & Baking Dist., it would come in handy if we had those type of stores on Oahu. I think I would be making sweets all day :)
    It's such a sunny morning here, the birds are chirping and the skies are clear. Hope the weather gets better for you.
    Sending some Hawaiian sunshine your way.
    Aloha, Merissa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. peanut butter honey and sea salt... oh my yum!!!!
    Anythign with chocolate is delicious by default anyway... gorgeous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. leah, you should def. try some.
    wish I was in the sunshine right now! missing home a lot lately.
    and thank you emily :)

    ReplyDelete