March 28, 2011

Papaya

Sewing is my warm weather hobby. I'm not very good, but I think I may actually have made something wearable. I tried to recreate a dress I saw at Steven Alan a few seasons back. Not even close :) But it's cute enough for everyday wear. We've been printing up a storm lately which feels great. Those are bunches of lilacs, which I plan to print 'miss you' beneath.

Many days in high school I ate a papaya with fresh lime for breakfast. Sometimes I can find a sweet one around here, which is a nice treat. In my first sculpture class in college, I made a large papaya piece out of laminated wood with black wax balls as the seeds. It was pretty funny.

7 comments:

  1. the dress looks great! i love papaya with lime! it is so good broiled in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Lilac cards are beautiful and that dress looks super comfy.
    Now I'm craving Papaya and I'm going to have to try it broiled, since I've never done that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like papaya , I used to breakfast it in my time in Brasile, a bowl of papaya, strawberry and banana with cereals. So good.
    But here I can't find papaya easier ...and if I find them they 're not so sweet. It must be for too many hours of travel I thing.
    (I'm from Spain, and there're not papaya crops here)

    Please, show us your wood papaya sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, I've never tried broiled papaya! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Min :) Txell, my grandma in Maui has that sculpture with her. I'll take a pic next time I'm home. And yay, Spain, I'm planning a trip there soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just wanted to tell you that i received my "merci beaucoup" card in the mail a week or so ago! thank you, it's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete