June 20, 2011

Relaxed

I had an amazing birthday a few days ago. Although I was dreading it, it turned out to be beautiful and so much fun. We explored the most beautiful Botanical gardens and Arboretum. Ate at some yummy places and bought a couple of pretty dresses. It was so nice to spend the day with my sweet husband and baby dog :)

I never thought I'd be the type of girl who cared about getting older, but I guess that was because I was young! And, although I don't love it, this year I find myself really learning how to relax a bit. I'm not sure if it's all the nature or fresh air, but I've been feeling really calm lately,  even with lots of work to do, I'm learning to enjoy everything about life more.

Gimme Coffee is a local roaster and pretty amazing & nutty. We've also been doing a lot of gardening lately. Herbs, veggies, and flowers. And our latest project yet is turning our sunroom into a little outdoor guesthouse for friends to stay. I'm sitting at that table in the photo now. I'm hoping to get it done soon, so people can enjoy it this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment