September 1, 2011

Hurricane Irene

What a crazy few days I've had. We woke up early this morning, drove from Philly and are finally home.  Luis (Cisco's cousin from Spain) was supposed to fly home on Sunday but Hurricane Irene had different plans for him. It was crazy MTA (the public metro in NY) shut down they told everyone to evacuate. So we headed to my mother-in-law's for a few days. We ate tons of food, watched ridiculous shows like the Kardashians and American Ninja Warriors for hours. Finally on Monday after lots of wind and rain everything was beautiful again and Luis flew home yesterday. (we were supposed to be back home by Monday) So we slept at a few friends apartments in Manhattan, Brooklyn, & Queens!  I'm exhausted and need to get back into work mode. I shot this photo from the car using my iPhone.

2 comments: