October 31, 2011

Dry Mein

For the last week now I've been craving dry mein! I've never seen it on the mainland and Hawaii often makes their own cuisine, which isn't necessarily Hawaiian food, but usually a mixture of many eastern cultures. 

If you ever find yourself on Maui with the same craving, Sam Sato's has the BEST noodles and other local foods. They are always so busy, you probably won't find any tourist there, mainly just the local Wailuku lunch crowd. 

Now if you're not going to be on Maui anytime soon, like me. You can try making it at home on the cheap using a package of Ramen Noodles! I've found this recipe online that's yummy. I'm just trying to tweak it to my taste. Once I find a good match I'll post it. (to this batch I added carrots, baby bok choy, and ham)

No comments:

Post a Comment