December 17, 2011

More Nutella Macaroons

Nutella French Almond Macaroons

I, along with Cisco & Koali all seem to be fighting some sort of sickness that just won't go away. So we've been doing lots of resting. Then all of a sudden at 11 o'clock last night, I HAD to make some macaroons! Weird.

Again I used this recipe: Almost Foolproof Macarons which I really like the steps of, but my issues with how the cookies came out are these:

1. they are too flat - should be a little higher.
2. the domes are hollow, when they should have a soft chewy center.

I also think I've made them a little big. I will work on these in hopes of making the perfect macaroon.

1 comment:

  1. i've tried too but they didn't work out at all! yours are great compared to mine, which go shamefacedly thrown out. The only success I've had is with totally rustic looking ones with chunky stuff like orange peel in them which aren't supposed to look so perfect anyway... I think you're on the right track! why are they so darn difficult! haha

    ReplyDelete